Monday, October 15, 2007

Need a pick me up.



I have always loved movie previews.

Ever since I was little, I would neurotically ensure that I be seated in time to catch the whole roll of trailers.

There's sometyhing about the packaging of a trailer that makes it more enjoyable than a whole movie.

It's an exciting promise.

If the movie is a crappy comedy, the trailer can include the two moments that were actually laugh worthy and seem like a good flick.

If it's a thriller, the trailer can be one three minute cliff hanger and glaze over the gaping holes in the plot that will eventually expose the movie as garbage.

If it's a drama, the trailer can present the heart-wrenching premise without showing the sappy build up that will surely make most nauseuous.

There's so much possibilities in the preview.

It's like the last day of high- school when summer is impending.

Move in day Freshman year at college.

The beginning of a career.

A beautiful marriage ceremony.


And just like life, sometimes the real thing delivers and many times it flops.

So next time you need a pick me up, check out some trailers.


www.apple.com/trailers

1 comment:

Melodie Norman Haas said...

I love movie previews too. Actually my post tonight is about them :)